The OILPORT20 hand-held meter is used for the online monitoring of the moisture content of lubrication and insulation oil. The moisture in oil measurement plays a considerable part in the long-term correct functioning of systems and machines.
Measurement parameters of OILPORT20
- Relative water content / water activity [aw]
- Absolute water content [ppm]
- Temperature [°C / °F]
Analogous to gas humidity, the moisture content of an oil can be specified absolutely in ppm or as relative water content aw.
- ppm (mass water / mass oil)
- aw (current water content in relation to the water content in a saturated oil sample) Completely water-free oil has an aw value of 0, completely saturated oil has an aw value of 1.
The OILPORT20 hand-held meter always determines the water activity aw and the temperature T. By entering oil-specific parameters, the hand-held meter can calculate the water content in ppm and show it in the display.
Two different sensors are available for various applications:
- Pressure-tight oil sensor up to 20bar
Together with the ball valve assembly set, the oil sensor can be fitted and removed without interrupting the oil circuit.
- Short oil sensor Ø12mm
Ideal for quickly determining the humidity of oil samples.
The hand-held meter comes in a practical case with batteries and a calibration certificate.