HLX30EX humidity transmitters mHLXt the ATEX requirements and IECEx standards and comply the health and safety standards of intrinsically safe machinery.
The EC type examination was carried out by Physikalisch - Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), the German national institute for science and technology.
The humidity transmitter HLX30EX consist of:
- HLX30EX supply and evaluation unit, classified according to II (1) G [Ex ia] IIC subject to EC-type examination certificate PTB 99 ATEX 2042 and [Ex ia] IIC according to IECEx PTB 05.0031-1.
- Sensor driver unit and sensor probe, classified according II 1/2 G Ex ia IIC T6 subject to EC-type examination certificate PTB 99 ATEX 2043 X and Ex ia IIC T6 according to IECEx PTB 05.0032X-1.
Besides measurement of humidity and temperature the HLX30EX calculates the values of the following physical quantities:
- dew point temperature Td
- frost point temperature Tf
- wet bulb temperature Tw
- water vapour pressure e
- mixing ratio r
- absolute humidity dv
- specific enthalpy H
These are displayed on the RS 232 serial interface, on the analogue outputs and on the integrated LCD display.
There are thrHLX models available:
- Model A: wall mounting in explosive zone 1 or 2
- Model D: separated sensor head for installation directly in the partition wall
- Model E: separated sensor head for high pressure environment (0.01...15 bar)